The IBRO Africa Neuroscience schools are organized for graduate students or junior faculty in order to promote neuroscience research and teaching in Africa. The instructors come from different parts of the world. School last around 10-12 days and involve lectures and hands-on laboratory sessions.
Other IBRO programmes that contribute to neuroscience education and technical training are the Visiting Lecture Team Programme (VLTP), Fellowships, Symposia & Workshops, and Teaching Tools in Neuroscience School.
the Schools, however else they may differ from one another in terms of school’s theme and location (host country) play their role in training of students and promote neuroscience research and teaching in Africa.
Some of the Project Objectives include:
- Assist in the organizing of different schools in Africa region of IBRO.
- Keep registry of all sponsored IBRO Africa schools and work to facilitate the exchange of information and the sharing of experience between the schools
- Keep registry of the 'IBRO School Alumni and the faculty members of the all schools held.
- Help publicize and explain the Programme to the membership and public.
- Website: http://ibroafricaschools.uonbi.ac.ke/